Do both USB ports support CarPlay on 2017 Mulsanne?

Does anyone here know whether Apple CarPlay is supported on both USB ports in the 2017 Mulsanne? I get a dialog allowing me to choose whether to activate CarPlay when I plug my iPhone into the glovebox USB port, but no such dialog appears when I plug it into the USB port in the center console tray. It would be much more convenient to use CarPlay if it worked from the tray’s USB port, since I don’t want to keep a cord dangling out of the glovebox all the time, and I don’t want to have to open the glovebox to connect the iPhone every time I want to use CarPlay.

For that matter, I wonder why Bentley doesn’t appear to support wireless CarPlay? The Mulsanne’s wifi hotspot capability would theoretically make wireless support easier to provide.

Thanks!
Rick

I know initially that CarPlay was limited to being plugged in. As I recall, this was a hardware limitation. I’ve seen some makers supporting wireless now, but not all.

I don’t know the answer to your question about the USB plugs. I emailed someone who knows the Mulsanne much better than I and will let you know.